Are you an aspiring professional seeking new job opportunities in the vibrant market of the United Arab Emirates (UAE)? The UAE’s ‘Job Seeker Visa’ offers you the chance to explore potential career paths without the need for a host or sponsor within the country.
How to Apply for UAE Job Seeker Visa
This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the eligibility criteria and required documents for securing a UAE Job Seeker Visa.
Step 1: Determine Your Eligibility for Job Seeker Visa
Before applying for a UAE Job Seeker Visa, make sure you meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must fall under the first, second, or third skill level as defined by the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) professional job levels.
- Alternatively, you should be a graduate from one of the top 500 universities worldwide, as recognized by the Ministry of Education. Your graduation should have occurred within the last 2 years.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is mandatory.
- Fulfillment of the prescribed financial guarantee is required.
Step 2: Gather Required Documents for Job Visa
- Collect the necessary documents to support your UAE Job Seeker Visa application.
- A recent colored passport-sized photograph.
- A copy of your valid passport.
- An attested qualification certificate to verify your educational background.
- Proof of meeting the eligibility criteria (for example, MOHRE’s skill level classification or proof of graduation from a top 500 university within the last 2 years).
- Document confirming your possession of a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent.
- Any additional documents requested by the visa authorities.
Step 3: Prepare Your Application
Once you have all the required documents, follow these steps to prepare your application:
- Visit the official website of the UAE’s immigration authority or relevant government portal.
- Create an account and complete the online application form for the Job Seeker Visa.
- Upload scanned copies of the necessary documents as per the application instructions.
- Double-check all entered information and uploaded documents for accuracy and completeness.
Step 4: Submit Your Application
After completing your application, submit it through the online portal. Make sure you pay the applicable visa fee as required.
Step 5: Visa Processing and Approval
Your application will undergo a thorough review by the UAE immigration authorities. The processing time may vary, but you can usually expect a response within a reasonable period. Once approved, you will receive an official communication confirming your Job Seeker Visa’s approval and its validity duration (60, 90, or 120 days).
Step 6: Plan Your Trip
With your Job Seeker Visa in hand, it’s time to plan your trip to the UAE. Use this period to explore job opportunities, network with potential employers, and familiarize yourself with the local job market.
Step 7: Transition to Employment Visa
Should you secure a job offer during your Job Seeker Visa’s validity, you can smoothly transition to an Employment Visa without having to leave the country. This process typically involves your new employer initiating the necessary steps to sponsor your employment.
By following these steps and meeting the eligibility requirements, you can embark on your journey to discover exciting career prospects in the UAE through the Job Seeker Visa program. Remember to stay informed about any updates to the visa application process and eligibility criteria through official government channels.
How to extend Dubai Job Seeker Visa
If you’re in Dubai on a UAE Job Seeker Visa and need extra time to find the perfect job, you’re in luck. You can apply online to extend your visa, allowing you to continue your job search without the need for a host or sponsor in the UAE. The UAE Job Seeker Visa is available for durations of 60, 90, or 120 days, depending on your preference.
This extension service is facilitated by the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs – Dubai (GDRFAD), the authority responsible for visa issuance in Dubai. To avail of this service, simply follow the steps outlined below, and you’ll have the opportunity to continue your job exploration journey in Dubai.
Steps to Extend Your Job Seeker Visa:
- Visit the Official Website: Start by visiting the official GDRFAD website at smart.gdrfad.gov.ae.
- Create an Account: If you are a visitor, you’ll need to create an account by providing your email address, full name, date of birth, and creating a password.
- Verify Your Account: Once you’ve registered, use the one-time password (OTP) sent to your email address to verify your account.
- Access Your Dashboard: After verification, access your personal dashboard and click on ‘New Application.’
- Choose the Extension Service: Search for the ‘Extending Visit Visa to Explore Job Opportunities’ service and click ‘Apply Now.’
- Complete the Application: Fill out the application form for the visa extension with accurate details.
- Attach Required Documents: Attach scanned copies of your valid passport and your previous visit visa.
- Pay the Extension Fee: Make the online payment for the visa extension fee using your debit or credit card. The extension fee is Dh600, plus 5% Value Added Tax (VAT).
Additional Fees if Inside the Country:
- Inside the Country Fee: Dhs500
- Knowledge Fee: Dhs10
- Innovation Fee: Dhs10
Once your application is submitted, you’ll receive a reference number that allows you to track the status of your visa online. The processing time for the extended visa is typically around two to four working days. Once approved, the extended entry permit will be sent to your registered email address.
Extending your stay on the UAE Job Seeker Visa provides you with the invaluable opportunity to continue your job search journey in Dubai and explore potential employment options to the fullest.
Disclaimer: Please refer to official sources for the most up-to-date information and any potential changes in the application process or fees related to the UAE Job Seeker Visa extension.