If you’re a UAE resident looking to invite your friends or family to visit, you can apply for a visit visa through the Federal Authority for Identity, Citizenship, Customs, and Ports Security (ICP). The visit visa is available as a 90-day single or multiple-entry option.
To access this service, residents must have a valid residence visa issued in any of the following emirates: Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Ajman, Ras Al Khaimah, Fujairah or Umm Al Quwain.
How to apply for UAE 90-day visit visa
- Website of ICP Smart Services: smartservices.icp.gov.ae
- The ICP mobile app (UAEICP). The app is available for Apple and Android devices.
- A typing centre authorized by ICP.
List of approved typing centres in each emirate of the UAE: https://icp.gov.ae/en/typing-offices/
Documents required for visa
If you’re planning to apply for a visa for a family member or friend, you’ll need to submit the following documents:
- A recent coloured passport-size photograph of your relative or friend.
- Proof of kinship such as a birth or marriage certificate if you’re sponsoring a family member’s visit visa.
- A copy of your relative’s or friend’s valid passport.
- A copy of your Emirates ID.
- Proof of residence for the person you’re sponsoring. You can provide your rental contract or details of the hotel reservation for your relative or friend.
- A copy of the return ticket.
According to ICP, additional documents may be required based on the information provided in the application.
UAE visit visa cost
The ICP states that the final cost of the visa will vary based on the details provided in the application, and the sponsor will also be required to pay a security deposit.
Below is an estimated cost breakdown, as provided by the authority:
- Security deposit: Dhs1,025
- Request fee: Dhs100
- Issue fee: Dhs300
- E-services fees: Dhs28
- ICP fees: Dhs22
- Smart services fee: Dhs100
Total cost: Dh1,575
How to apply for visit visa online
To apply for the visit visa through the ICP Smart Services platform, you must first visit this link: https://smartservices.icp.gov.ae/echannels/web/client/default.html#/login and follow the steps below:
- Log in using your UAE Pass, or through an ICP online account, if you already have one.
- Once you are logged in, you will be transferred to a personal dashboard on the app.
- Next, click on the ICP department in your Emirate, for example – Federal Authority For Identity and Citizenship\Abu Dhabi or Sharjah.
- Then, search for the ‘Visit Visa For Friend or Relative 90 Days (Single Entry) – Issue’ in the search bar. The service will appear below.
- Click on ‘Start Service’
- Fill in the application and upload the required documents.
- Next, pay the service fee using a credit or debit card.
After making the payment, you’ll receive a confirmation from ICP stating that your application has been submitted. According to the ICP call center (600522222), it usually takes two to five business days to process and approve the visit visa. Once approved, you’ll receive an e-visa on the email address provided in the application form.