As the Emirates and Penélope Cruz ad campaign graces TV screens worldwide in both English and Spanish, Emirates Airlines has unveiled an exclusive behind-the-scenes video that sheds light on the extensive production efforts required to capture the essence of luxury on a massive aircraft.
The campaign showcases Penélope Cruz, the Academy Award-winning actor and philanthropist, experiencing the lavish offerings available to Emirates’ First and Business Class passengers.
Penélope Cruz is new Emirates airline ambassador
Penélope Cruz, who flew to Dubai for a week to shoot the campaign, appears in a series of polished ads that highlight the exclusive luxuries available on Emirates flights.
The journey includes savoring a crafted beverage in the A380 Onboard Lounge, indulging in a shower above the clouds, cheering for a live football game, and relishing generous servings of luxury caviar. The behind-the-scenes video provides a glimpse into the production’s intricacies, offering exclusive insights from Penélope.
Key Details from the Filming Process:
- More than 160 individuals were involved in the production, comprising 36 international crew members and 125 local crew and cast.
- Penélope Cruz was filmed within Emirates’ iconic A380 aircraft, known for its distinctive double-decker design.
- The entire shoot, from planning to completion, required an impressive 1,488 production man-hours, equivalent to around 165 working days.
- As the filming took place within a real aircraft at the airport, all 160 participants needed special permission from UAE authorities to access the restricted and highly secure area.
- The production required 10 large trucks to transport catering items and filming equipment.
- Emirates created a dedicated Green Room in the hangar to accommodate the cast when they were off set.
- Due to security protocols, every piece of filming equipment had to be unloaded, scanned, checked, and loaded onto airside trucks, which were stored in a nearby hangar.
- Achieving cinematic lighting inside an A380 necessitated the use of eight scissor lifts and boom lifts to create the perfect ambiance.
- Emirates’ own cabin crew members, Doyle Kim from Australia and Alessandra Piper from the UK, had the privilege of meeting and interviewing Penélope Cruz during the production.
- The TV spots were directed by Robert Stromberg, a double Oscar-winning Hollywood director, with support from production house Ridley Scott Associates and special effects from Framestore, a multi-award-winning creative studio.
This remarkable production showcases the dedication and coordination of a large team of experts and underscores Emirates’ commitment to delivering an unparalleled luxury experience for its passengers. The behind-the-scenes video offers a unique perspective on the creative process and the efforts invested in making the campaign a reality.