A new survey conducted by Bayt.com has revealed that 66 percent people working in the UAE are planning to find new jobs in the future.
The reported reasons for seeking jobs in the UAE are marked by the desire to consistently learn new skills and gain experience, as indicated by 69 percent of the respondents.
This was followed by making money (58 percent), feeling useful to society (48 percent) and being financially independent (42 percent).
The survey ‘Career Aspirations in the MENA’ was conducted in collaboration with YouGov.
According to the survey, the main three factors that were seen as important in an ideal job for the professionals in the UAE were salary and benefits.
Here are the findings of the survey regarding jobs in Dubai and other emirates of the UAE:
- 2023 will be a year of work opportunities for UAE professionals.
- 2023 will be a turning point for 86 percent of working professionals.
- Finding a new job and learning new skills are among the top two career goals.
- 67 percent say they will set future professional goals for themselves.
- 46 percent want to learn new skills.
- 44 percent are hopeful to get higher salary.
- 72 percent say they deserve to work in a higher-level position.
- (45%) are willing to move to another department or area of expertise to develop their skillset and further their professional careers.
- 45 percent want to move to another area or department of expertise to further their professional careers.
- 37 percent willing to move into a different industry.
- 69 percent prefer higher salary and benefits.
- 42 percent want career growth.
- 33 percent favor job security.
- 67 percent feel motivated at the workplace.
- 50 percent say they have either a mentor or role model in their professional careers.
Interestingly, 52 percent responders prefer to continue their jobs rather than owning their own business.
Bayt.com is the leading platform for career opportunities in the UAE and the Middle East, connecting job seekers with employers looking to hire the talent.