The 5th edition of the World Nuclear Exhibition (WNE) is scheduled to take place in Paris from November 28 to November 30, 2023. This significant event in the civil nuclear industry is expected to host more than 650 exhibitors and draw over 20,000 participants from 76 countries over the course of three days.
WNE serves as a global platform for the civil nuclear industry, attracting leaders and representatives from more than 17 nations, including China, Canada, South Korea, Japan, the Czech Republic, the United Kingdom, the United States, and France.
World Nuclear Exhibition 2023
The theme for WNE 2023 is “Connecting Nuclear to the World: Rising to the Energy and Environmental Challenges,” reflecting the industry’s response to current climate and energy issues.
Throughout the three days, decision-makers, industrial experts, and thought leaders will explore various aspects of this theme, including new nuclear projects, territorial development and digitalization, societal benefits of nuclear in healthcare, hydrogen, and heat production, building a diverse talent pool, and the prospects and challenges of SMR and AMR technologies.
The UAE’s collaboration with France has significantly advanced its nuclear programme, leading to improvements in technology, safety, and operational excellence. The Barakah Nuclear Power Plant showcases the UAE’s leadership in clean and sustainable energy in the Middle East.
WNE 2023 will feature:
The official inaugural ceremony with dignitaries including the President of WNE, the Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), the Executive Director of the International Energy Agency (IEA), and the European Commissioner for Internal Market at the European Commission.
- Over 130 panel discussions, keynotes, tribunes, and workshops.
- More than 6,000 business meetings with top-level decision-makers in the industry.
- Over 650 exhibiting companies, with 40% being international, representing nearly 50 activities across the industry’s value chain.
- The WNE Innovation Awards Ceremony, celebrating innovation in various categories.
New for WNE 2023:
- The WNE Startup Programme, supporting innovation and entrepreneurship within the civil nuclear sector, featuring mentoring and a dedicated startup village.
- The WNE Connect to Nuclear Programme, focusing on talent, employment, and training opportunities within the industry, with a three-day program for visitors to explore and engage with industry stakeholders.
The World Nuclear Exhibition continues to play a crucial role in connecting and advancing the global civil nuclear industry.